1. Dark chocolate, in a dessert or alone, is always a great choice and is a powerful antioxidant to boot. You do not need to tell me that twice.
2. Another alternative that still tastes like you are cheating is Wine Poached Pears. Healthy fruit, check. Healthy red wine, check. What’s not to love.
3. If you are opting to do a low carb diet like Atkins or South Beach, look at their recommendations for cheesecake. It may not work into everyone’s program but if you switch out the grahams for a nut crust, it ends up being very low in carbs. Yea!
4. Frozen yogurt was once a craze that swept the nation but it has seemed to have lost steam. I’m not sure why. It’s a great, healthy way to get both dessert and an extra serving of dairy. Throw some fruit on it and enjoy.
5. Frozen grapes are another way to have dessert without the calories. They taste different and refreshing when served this way, too.
6. Angel food cake is another classic dessert that is surprisingly low cal. Add some real whipped cream and do not feel the least bit of guilt for indulging.